best ever chocolate tart
posted 19 May, 2019
makes 1 x 28cm tart
approximately 16 serves
It is very important to follow the instructions and use the microwave method. If you boil the cream in a saucepan and add the chocolate to it, there can be too much residual heat and the filling will split losing that wonderful top sheen.
It is also important to have everything weighed out so that there is no delay in going from one action to the next. Follow the rules this exquisite tart is loved and appreciate by all.
1 x 28cm blind baked chocolate pastry shell please click here
900g Callebaut k811 calettes
2 x ROOM TEMPERATURE minimum 60g eggs, yolk only
- Bring the cream to the boil on high in a microwave
- Immediately add the chocolate and whisk until it is incorporated
- Whisk the egg yolks together and then working in small amounts
- Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture into the egg yolks
- When glossy and fully incorporated pour into the cooked tart base and smooth the top with a crank handled metal spatula
- Allow to set in a cool place for at least two hours ….do not refrigerate